|Food Technology Apprentice|
|South West - Willand, Cullompton EX15 2PJ|
|Food Technologist Apprentice
WILLAND site in Devon
Do you want to start a career in Food Technology, and are working towards achieving Food Technology qualifications? This 4 year apprentice programme at 2 Sisters Food Group might be the right opportunity for you!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
2 Sisters Food Group are one of British business' most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 23,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain - from pizza to pies, from poultry to puddings, from ready meals to ranges of soup.
At the heart of this, our UK Poultry division produces a third of all poultry eaten in the UK and represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The programme is a 3 year course and will be bias towards Food Technology & Safety and it will include basic Health & Safety principles. During the programme apprentices will ensure that technical and quality standard are achieved whilst maximising profitability to meet customer requirements.
Working alongside experienced and qualified staff you will learn all aspects of Health & Safety/ Quality Standards / Manufacturing processes within the Food Industry.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
• Working under supervision you will work towards being responsible for the following tasks: ensure all products are safe to eat, of consistent appearance, taste and texture, improve existing and launch new products.
• Developing good manufacturing practices
• Ensure that all Health and Safety standards are maintained and that you show due diligence at all times
MUST HAVES FOR THE ROLE:
• We of course need to ensure you have certain qualifications but equally important is behaviours and attitude, if you have the below then you have a strong chance of being the talent we are looking for.
• Minimum of 5 GCSE Grades A-C including English Language, Maths and Science subjects (in addition it is preferable to have Chemistry OR Biology).
• Can work at fast pace and multi task in what is a challenging environment.
• Strong focus on working safely.
• Flexible Attitude with willingness to learn.
• Able to start the programme in September and attend an assessment event in July
Continuous internal and external training and professional development available for you.
Your apprenticeship may lead to permanent employment.
Potential continuation of education and academic studies i.e. Advanced L5 or L6 degree apprenticeship programme.
Weekly wage: £270.64; Working hours: 40 Hrs Per Week
Please include a CV and covering letter within your application
Would you like to apply to this job?