Category Buyer - Facilities Management
Location: Dial Lane, West Bromwich
Salary: Competitive + Company Car + Benefits + Prospects
4 Ingredients. 2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK’s biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge and the desire to lead the food industry.
We should know. In just 20 years, the 2 Sisters Food Group has grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups. And we’re built on people like you: a talented Buyer with potential to progress and make an impact within the Group Procurement department.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity for a procurement professional to join our successful team in West Bromwich, with travel across the UK. Reporting directly to the Category Manager, the Category Buyer will assist in the development and delivery of the strategic procurement of goods. This role has a specific focus on Soft Facilities Management (FM); HR, Health & Safety and other business categories such as protective equipment, catering, office supplies, laboratory services, etc with an approximate spend of £20m.
This opportunity would suit a driven and independent individual with circa 2 years+ procurement experience, who is looking to develop their career and gain exposure within a fast paced, multi billion pound turnover food manufacturer. Whilst procurement experience in FM / HR would be beneficial it is not essential. Duties include:
- Conduct strategic category review with line manager for all sub category areas with a view to achieving savings targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives
- Develop category knowledge and work cross functionally across responsible spend areas.
- Developing towards becoming category expert for defined area of spend responsibility.
- Participate in or lead cross category and cross functional projects as required
- With line manager develop an annual budget for categories and then re-forecast against this on a monthly basis.
- Track commodity pricing information in order to support commercial and business objectives.
- Negotiate terms of trade with suppliers. Manage ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level.
- Establish and manage strategic relationships with suppliers ensuring relevant performance targets are met and that the strategic relationship is leveraged to maximize efficiencies and value.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with the below, and you’ll have the scope to influence at all levels:
- Proven track record of success of 'buying’ in a strategic sourcing environment that demonstrates thorough knowledge of modern strategic sourcing processes and the use of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Developing knowledge of negotiation, contract law, manufacturing, value engineering, forecasting, competitor analysis, market structure and analysis, project management
- Good level of competence with Excel - experienced and able to use VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
- Ideally University degree or equivalent qualification that demonstrates the intellectual ability to work competently with complex numeric and verbal data, used contract negotiations.
- Ideally MCIPs or working towards or equivalent that shows commitment to continuous professional development and learning.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level with the UK’s biggest selling food manufacturer in a challenging and rewarding environment then click apply below. We can’t wait to hear from you!